INPI Aid & Support
INPI eases access to the innovation protection through funding
All the INPI backing are strictly dedicated to companies.
IP Pre Diagnosis
IP pre diagnosis is a first discovery step of your project by an INPI patent engineer.
He will discuss with you about your innovation, give you advices with respect of the following steps : prior-art search, patentability study, drafting and filing a patent application, internationalization, etc…
INPI can give you a certified IP firm list within which you can chose the one you wish to work with.
This is a free step and is essential to the PASS PI grant.
The PASS PI is a financial aid implemented by INPI to support french companies into its IP strategy.
Each company having been preliminary appraised by the INPI through the IP pre-diagnosis can be allowed to use up to 3 PASS PI for a maximum amount of € 10 000 (taxes incl.), meaning a maximum funding of € 5 000 by the INPI.
These PASS PI can be used for :
- prior art search and patentability studies
- freedom to operate studies (FTO)
- validity studies
- patent intelligence
- intellectual property agreements
- international filing of a french patent
In each case, PASS PI covers 50% of the IP firm fees. You take up your part, while INPI will directly be charged by the IP firm you’ve chosen.
What are the steps ?
- Contact your regional INPI and ask them the possibility to be granted a PASS PI for the innovation you want to protect.
- You will have a meeting with a patent engineer in your field whom will appraise your need.
- Your PASS PI is granted : INPI will cover 50% fees of the IP firm chosen and settle it with him directly. Caution, the IP firm have to be certified by the INPI.
- Send the INPI quote form transmitted by the INPI to your chosen IP firm to be completed.
- Send the firmed quote form back to the INPI
- The INPI send its agreement and a purchase order directly to the chosen IP firm.
- You have to bear the 50% remaining fees, payable to the chosen IP firm.
- Once the service is done, the IP firm will send you and the INPI the deliverables. The INPI will then release the balance directly to the IP firm.